Exposure to asbestos results in various different health issues like mesothelioma, cancer and etc. Besides, this mineral exists in fibrous form and more resistant to electricity, water, chemicals and heat. Asbestos may exist in household and commercial products like pipes, cement, insulation, bricks, gaskets, roofing materials, mattresses, gloves, hats, flower pots and lawn furniture.
In fact, asbestos can be still found in schools, roads, buildings, ships, homes, automobiles, factories, and trains even after knowing about its dangerous effects. It might be quite surprising to listen this, but there are also some products which includes asbestos like automobile clutches and brakes.
List of asbestos high-risk occupations
- Fire Fighter: We all know that asbestos is a fire-resistant material, but when it is exposed to fire it releases some toxic elements into the air which is very dangerous to health. Besides, most of the protective fire fighting clothes, boots and helmets are made up of asbestos. Hence, you need to be really careful if you are working as a fire fighter.
- Workers in Power Plant: Products like pipe insulation and fireproofing spray which we commonly use in power plants consists of asbestos.
- Industrial Worker: Chemical workers, foreman, machinery operators, trade laborer’s and mechanics are commonly exposed to this dangerous mineral in the industry area. Industrial insulators, fire proofing, gaskets, asbestos paper and textiles contain asbestos. Hence, being exposed to these products may damage your health severely.
- Construction Worker: Most of the flooring and roofing materials contain asbestos and this is the reason why the construction workers suffer with asbestos diseases commonly.
- Auto mechanics: We all know that clutches and brake linings contain asbestos and auto mechanics often use these products. Hence, auto mechanics need to take necessary preventive measures to avoid asbestos diseases.
- Electricians: Insulators in motors and wiring also contain asbestos. Hence, electricians also need to be careful and avoid exposing themselves more to asbestos.
Why should you consult an asbestos attorney?
Are you the only earning member of your family? Would like to know more information about mesothelioma? Mentioned below are the details of mesothelioma and what should you do when you are diagnosed with this dangerous health disorder.
Mesothelioma is a dangerous health disorder that occurs when you expose yourself to asbestos. Besides, you need to spend a lot of money for the treatment. The first question that comes to your mind when you are diagnosed with mesothelioma is from where to get the money for treatment. Remember that, few families might be financially strong while few may not. An asbestos attorney will be very useful to you when you are in financial crisis. In fact, this type of attorneys will help you claim the compensation for lost wages, medical bills and various other financial burdens through legal options.
Mesothelioma lawsuits are time sensitive and quite complex. There are few organizations which are helping the mesothelioma victims. Hence, you could approach a good Mesothelioma Help Cancer Organization to get the compensation that you are waiting for!